Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  Electrical and Computer Engineer.
16465236

I have a tomtom 50. I tried downloading updates on my device.

Customer Question

I have a tomtom 50. I tried downloading updates on my device. It will download 100% onto my computer but only 5% onto my device plus when I connect the device to the computer it says NO DEVICE CONNECTED, In addition I am getting a message on my device to say NO MAPS AVAILABLE. I have tried removing CACHE from the computer and rebooting my device but it makes no difference. My device came with lifetime maps. If nessesary I can send you the item for repair
Category: GPS
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
Are you using a Micro SD card with your unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
Have you updated My Drive Connect on your computer recently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And it has downloaded 100% but when it comes to downloading onto my device it goes up to 7% then drops to 5% and stops there
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
Interesting..they just did an updateI have a Tom Tom too. But I only have one map that runs about 4 GB if I remember. Problem is that it crowds the operating software on the GPS, so I have always purchased a Micro SD card 8 to 32 GB in size. That's where the map resides. You may have an issue with the new map not having enough room to load in the internal memory.It's behaving that way from your description.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you can't sort it for me. Why is my computer saying the device is not connected
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
I'm about ready to find out. I haven't updated mine yet, and I'm going to update my GPS BEFORE the update. Let's see if the GPS accepts updates first, then see if it has problems connecting AFTER it's updated.No matter what model, My Drive Connect works on all systems of computer...in theory.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long do I have to wait
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
Well, it connected. But it's Forcing me to update the software before I can use it.Maybe 5 - 10 minutes for the update?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't appear that you can be of any help to me, I would like to retract my fee of £14
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem. Hope you don't spend all day trying to figure it out. I never trust all updates though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou