Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

Discovery 3 (NO NAV ABLE on screen )

Customer Question

discovery 3 (NO NAV ABLE on screen )
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, nothing is coming up on the screen at all? Is this the issue you are having?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is working ok. When you turn on the car it comes up on the screen NO NAV ABLE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the navigation disk in the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't no .But it was working when i picked the car up the other day .then it just came on the screen NO NAV ABLE.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it needs to disk to run, and it was working as it did not need to read the disk for information, now it has attempted this and this is why it gives the error as it sees no maps so it cannot do the navigation.
You should have been supplied with the disk, I advise you to contact them and request that the disk is supplied, so you can put it in and allow the navigation system to read the maps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't get hold of them .Can i just buy another disk and put that one in as long as its for a discovery 3 ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes you can from my link below
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Discovery-Satellite-Navigation-Denso-2011-2012/dp/B00L5XY36S
Its UK and Western Europe
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.