Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

I have TomTom Start 50/5 but the map choices to buy

Hello, I have TomTom Start 50/5 but the map choices to buy on their site are very limited compared to all the other models (e.g. Start 20/25) - I can only get Europe without France or the Netherlands which seems bizarre.
Do I really have to buy another model?
James
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
They have done this in order to make it the cheapest entry product.
It is limited based on what they perceived the customers to want the most and France / The Netherlands was not it, so to reduce the cost it was needed to remove these maps.
You would need a new model (which are more expensive) in order to get the additional costs), or use the TomTom app on your smartphone just for these maps if you wish to keep the costs down.
It does have more content though then similarly priced competitors products.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.