Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  8+ years repairing various Garmin, TomTom and other GPS models.
61965098

My Holux GPSport 245 has not been used while. Upon

Customer Question

Hi, my Holux GPSport 245 has not been used for a while. Upon mains charging all seems fine although battery show 100%. When fully charging 4 hrs, disconnecting and starting device, the device does not power up. Is the battery dead due to lack of use and needs replacing or is their a secret to getting it back working on battery?
Category: GPS
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to wait for another few days, suggest your send a follow up by this time next week 14 January 2016 to review again if an answer is still pending and decide whether to close and obtain a PayPal refund.
Appreciate your follow up and time Adam,
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.After reviewing the specifications for your device, it seems as though the batteries in your device are not user replaceable. Opening the device yourself would hurt the IPX6 water proof rating and void any remaining warranty. You may be able to send the device in for repair or replacement. I believe this is the only option at this point. For your specific device, you will need to send an email to the Holux RMA team. Their email address is***@******.***. In the email, please include a description of the problem (battery is no longer holding a charge), how long you have had the device and where it was originally purchased. If any additional information is needed, you will be asked for it. Once you get the RMA number, you will be given the address to the closest repair facility. Package the device properly to avoid further damage during its transit. Make sure the address and RMA are clearly written on the package. Also inside the package, include your name, your address, the RMA number, and the description of the problem with the device. I hope this information was helpful. I realize this doesn't directly fix your device but with certain electronics and their design, its unlikely a simple repair can be made. If there is ANY this else I can help you with, please feel free to let me know.