Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  8+ years repairing various Garmin, TomTom and other GPS models.
61965098

Have recently purchased a new TOM TOM Sat Nav Model 4EN42Z1230

Have recently purchased a new TOM TOM Sat Nav Model 4EN42Z1230 S/N AP1385A93969 and installed UK Lifetime Maps on my Laptop and onto device which work perfectly. Also purchased and downloaded Western Europe Islands one-year Maps as I am to visit Malta shortly. Can access map on my laptop but cannot plan route from Airport to Hotel on the TOM TOM device. Can you help please? Rgds
Howard ***@******.***
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. When you try to plan the route, is not letting you because it doesn't show the proper location? What is the model of your tomtom device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sijad.
I purchased a TOMTOM Start 20M Model 4EN42Z1230 which came with Lifetime updates of UK & Ireland maps and updates.
As a separate transaction I purchased a one year subscription to Western European Islands including Malta that downloaded successfully onto my HP laptop on which I can plan and view routes in Malta including from Luqa International Airport to my hotel at Golden Sands Resort. However I can neither download that route from my laptop to the TOMTOM device nor access MALTA as a country to facilitate planning routes on the TOMTOM (it only allows me to select either UK or IRELAND on the TOMTOM). Can you help please? HowardI can plan a route in Malta on my HP Laptop but can neither download the route onto the TOMTOM device nor select MALTA as a country on the TOMTOM (it only allows me to select UK or IRELAND to input a departure town).
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
OK, after purchasing the new maps, did you upload the map to your device? A common problem is a device does not have enough space to support two map sets. When you go into your tomtom settings or option and try to switch maps, what mapsets are displayed there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sijad. Thanks for your response. I took my TOMTOM device to a better reception area and was able to download the Western European Islands maps and plan a route on Malta directly on the device. Whilst I would be happy to give you a good reference, I do not wish to contine membership. Thanks again
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Alright, no problem. Thank you for following up. Please take a moment to rate my service. Have a wonderful day!