Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  Electrical and Computer Engineer.
16465236

How to get rid of a GPS

Customer Question

how to get rid of a GPS
Category: GPS
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 11 months ago.

Hi Maria. Welcome to justanswer.

Can you please specify the device on which you want to turn off GPS.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
a car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how would you do it

Can you tell me which brand's gps device is there in your car?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know, but I know I get followed

Are you saying there is a gps tracker installed in your car without your knowledge.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
by the way I am in a week free trial, why do I see an amount each time you answer,does it mean I am paing you already?

No you haven't paid anything yet. You will be charged once you accept the solution.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what is the solution

Tracking devices look different depending on their manufacturer and their purpose but some general guidelines can help you locate one on your vehicle. It will typically look like a small box with a magnetic side. There may or may not be an antenna or a light on it. It will be small, usually three to four inches long, two inches wide and an inch or so thick.

You want to check all the locations where a tracker could be hidden. A tracking device placed on the exterior of your vehicle needs to be weatherproof and compact.

Check the wheel wells. Using a flashlight, look in both front and both rear wheel wells. Use your hand to check in areas that aren’t easily visible

Look at the undercarriage. Use a magnet on an extendable pole to look far underneath your vehicle

Look behind your bumpers. Inspect under the hood. Lift your hood and look for a tracking device stuck to the strut towers, the firewall, behind the radiator, or hidden among the battery, air ducts, or other components

Or you can use an Electronic Sweeper. An electronic sweeper checks for the presence of a radio frequency transmission or a cellular signal transmission and indicates its existence to the electronic sweeper’s user.

Do you have any other query?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no thanks

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks and have a wonderful evening

Maria, you have not rated the chat yet. Do you need any other assistance?