Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

My Garmin s1 shows bar code like display

Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the S1.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Now have display showing Garmon but nothing else seems to work Have plugged into pc via usb and not recognised by computer. Have Garmin express downloaded onto pc and on windows 10 if that makes any difference.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

OK, open Garmin express, connect it to a different USB port on the computer and tell me if it is then detected please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No joy there either. Have tried other devices and ports ok. Just re plugged in Garmin and got brief message flagged up saying that usb device malfunctioned and not recognised. Would this then be appliance or cable?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, a faulty cable would still let it charge

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Richard. Not what I wanted to hear but at least we know.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

I understand Dean,

If you need anything else, please let me know

And if you can please do the service rating via the stars at the top that would be appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks maybe i could marry up my strap and case with another s1 unitThis is a usefull service im sure but not on this occasion.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.