Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

My Golf Buddy World touch screen is not working. I have

My Golf Buddy World touch screen is not working. I have updated the firmware and local courses. I have switched it off and on twice and it is still not working.
Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: It is approx 4/5 years old.
Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing - I had not used it for a couple of months and plugged it in to recharge and update it.
Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None - update it and switch it off and on a couple of times.
Assistant: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Golf Buddy and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The Golf Buddy is now turned on and the USB Sync screen has come up together with the Continue Playing bar at the bottom of the screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Ok, is it responding at all to anything you try to do on the deivce?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The touch screen responded when I pressed Continue Playing, it gave me the option to press Yes or No and then reverted to the previous screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Ok, when you press Yes, it reverts you mean?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I pressed No it reverted, also if I did nothing it reverted. I just pressed Yes and it went to look for local golf courses and now has a list of them.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, so it now seems to be working.

Can you select a Golf Course and use it as normal?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just selected the closest course and it asked if I wanted to play. I pressed yes and am now on the first hole. It seems to be working again.I pressed Main Menu and it asked if I wanted to end the round, I pressed Yes and it went to Main menu, then immediately produced the list of local courses again.Many thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Perfect

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit