Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

I have a magellan explorist 710 and the pin on the batterry

Customer Question

I have a magellan explorist 710 and the pin on the batterry clip that secures the battery case has fell out and cannot be used it is the diameter of a needle could you repair it for me please send details my address is Tony ***** *****

Category: GPS
Expert:  Dan T. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to the site, Tony. I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help.

I'm having a little trouble understanding what part you're talking about. Are you referring to the lock on the door that covers the batteries? Or perhaps the locking mechanism on that door?

Dan

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dan it,s the lock on the door that covers the batteries, the pin has fell out of the locking wheel on the inside of the cover so it wont hold down the case on the battery compartment containing the batteries of the GPS and therefore holding the the back to the main body
Tony,many thanks.
Expert:  Dan T. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Tony,

Good news! The battery door is a replaceable part. I'm not sure what they sell for in the UK, but you should email***@******.*** and ask for a price quote. Tell them you need a battery door for the 710, and they should be able to quote you the price. Magellan Europe is located at Spectrum House, Beehive Ring Road, London Gatwick Airport, RH6 0LG.

I hope that answers your question, Tony. Let me know if I can do anything else for you, and please remember to rate the service you've received. I hope it was excellent!

Dan