Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

5" Nozatech, bought last January. Superb little device. Then

Customer Question

5" Nozatech, bought last January. Superb little device. Then one morning it came up with"please set navigation path". No changes have ever been made since the day I got it & downloaded the latest maps. Please help. John
Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: ModelG01335, s/n MS-693651404068. About a year old.
Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It came up when I switched on.
Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None yet. I don't want to accidentally corrupt anything. I'm not very pc literate unfortunately. Do you think a reset might do it?
Assistant: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've checked & it was bought in December 2015. Older than I thought. I've tried a reset. No use. I've been through the menu to set nav. path and entered IG.08 exe. Return. When I switch on it now comes up "IG.08 encountered a serious error and must shut down".
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the unit and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit and use it.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Once I plug the charger in again the screen shows a USB stick and cursor scrolls left to right at bottom of screen. It will not leave this screen unless I disconnect charger & switch off. When I switch on again, I soon get message "IG.08exe has encountered a serious error and must shut down".
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

If you connect it to your computer, what does it then do?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Exactly the same thing. Serious error message & shutdown. Touching "ok" won't shut it down : seems frozen or locked up. Need to press OFF button to close down.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK Richard. Many thanks for your effort. It was quite an inexpensive unit so I shouldn't really complain.Best wishesJohn
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I understand John, sorry I can only tell you the reality of the situation

Let me know if you need anything else and please remember to rate my service via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit so I am rated and this is completed