Dan
Dan, Journeyman
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

hi, we have a jcb robot skid steer from 1995 , the loader and

hi, we have a jcb robot skid steer from 1995 , the loader and drive have stoped working after it starts up , the third service is working ,have tried to bypass the door and control bar switches with no luck ,it has been playing up before and thought it was one of the safety switches then ,taking them off and swaping them round and it did come back to life but this time nothing ,any pointers would be appreciated, ta a frustrated engineer
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help. First retest all your safety switches, check fuses/relays, and thoroughly inspect your harness for any open circuits (broken/ loose wiring or connector pins/terminals. If OK, Test for power and ground to the solenoid to verify and if OK then remove/inspect and replace the solenoid if not functioning mechanically or electronically with good power and ground. Any two wire safety switches can be bypassed for test purposes. Also, look under your seat for a seat switch and verify it is functioning properly if equipped. Reply back if you need further help and I'll be glad to help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that will go through things again , forgot to mention the hand brake switch is also linked to the safety switches and cant get any power at the base of this switch ,the door and control bar switches have three wires coming in to them, red blue and yellow with power in the red and yellow is there a correct way of bypassing these switches?

Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the updated info. Most three wire switches are electromagnetic and can not be bypassed unfortunately. The went to these to prevent us from doing so. There will be a specific voltage the controller need to see so if you have a volt meter, test the blue and yellow wires with the switches closed(engaged) and see if you get any responce on the meter coming out of either of the other wires. I am not sure if yellow or blue is the signal wire back. Let me know