spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  Journeyman with 30 years Experience Gas Diesel LPsmall to large engine repair
65057319

I have an old case excavator that is left in the yard and used

Customer Question

I have an old case excavator that is left in the yard and used occasionally. I caught a couple of kids putting stones down the exhaust pipe at the weekend. I haven't tried starting it in case it damages the engine. What should I do? Could it cause damage?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 3 years ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** having trouble today.I will do my best to assist you in resolving your issue.

Sorry for delay.

You don't know how many or how big they where do you?

You can go ahead and run it if you have low power you would have to pull apart to remove them.

You may want to wear a helmet during first use,, as rocks may get blown out.
Exhaust is under pressure and should push them out if not to big but you don't know at what time they will come out.

Most likely while using under a load

spanky