Dan
Dan, Journeyman
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a bitelli bb730 paver. It takes 12 seconds to start.

Customer Question

I have a bitelli bb730 paver. It takes 12 seconds to start. Caterpillar said this normal after 2000 hours. Is this true. Surely they must be fobbing me off??
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will try to help. It should not take that long for your engine to start. Check your fuel supply lines for leaks, restrictions, dry rot cracking, and a potential lift pump issue. If all checks out depending on what model Deutz this is you could have a worn injection pump or a faulty fuel check valve in the system. Does this happen only on cold startup or even after shut down and restarted throughout the day? Let me know.