Dan
Dan, Journeyman
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

my jcb 515 40 struggles setting off you have to rev it hard

Customer Question

my jcb 515 40 struggles setting off you have to rev it hard before it starts to move. it seems like its all or nothing is there anything that can be done with it
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.
Dan :

Hi my name is***** will try to help. First inspect your filter internally by cutting it open using a filter cutting tool. Check for metal/debris that would indicate a transmission or internal failure occurring. If ok then the next step is to have your pressures tested to be sure they are within specs. This will help pinpoint whether you have a problem with a valve, and internal issue, or pump problem. If the mechanical checks test ok then you could have a problem with the shift selector itself, your harness, or the shift solenoids.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if you need further help with this.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved?