Dan
Dan, Journeyman
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

got a kobelco sk20sr trying to remove cover plate on the final

Customer Question

got a kobelco sk20sr trying to remove cover plate on the final drive i cant see how it can be removed there is no external bolts and no location serclips removed 2 oil plugs on the plate and 3 smaller ones on the cylinder cant see how it is possible to remove help
regards hugh
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Line the drain plug up to the 6 o clock position and drain the final drive oil. There should be a retaining ring around the outter edge of the cover. Usinf a rubber mallet, tap the cover in just enough to remove the retaining ring to release the tension fromt the rubber o ring that seals the cover. Once the retaining ring is removed you can use a slide hammer puller and carefully hook the inside of the fill or drain plug hole to pull the cover. Be careful not to crack the cover. Let me know if you need more help.