dd85
dd85, Technician
Experience:  Service Manager at AG Dealership
15057492

I am hiring a kuboto D5011 diesel dumper truck hired

Customer Question

I am hiring a kuboto D5011 diesel dumper truck hired for the weekend, and have committed the cardinal sin of running out of diesel. I filled it up but is spluttering with some black smoke and not running, is there a way of priming the injectors or do I need to break the injector nuts to bleed it?
Any tips please to get this running.
Thanks,
Paul
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
yes loosen the lines at the injectors, then pedal all the way down, crank the engine over. you should get a good amount of diesel at the cracked lines. Then tighten lines, crank over again.