spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  Journeyman with 30 years Experience Gas Diesel LPsmall to large engine repair
65057319

We are using a Sisu tug / shunter to move heavy pipes around

Customer Question

We are using a Sisu tug / shunter to move heavy pipes around a site in east London.
The machine broke down on Saturday, we have now found the starter was the main cause.
We have however a pipe on a trailer in the site and are unsure as to how to release the fifth wheel locking pin.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
A Bamford
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.

Hi Andrew, my name is ***** ***** having trouble today.I will do my best to assist you in resolving your issue. Sorry for delay. Normally on these you will have a fifth wheel lock release switch in cab so driver does not need to get in/out to hook/unhook. The marking may be worn off but if you look by fifth wheel you should see a cylinder air operated that works the release lever,you must have system air pressure to unlock. You can air up through most air tanks since it won't start or remove air compressor discharge line and air up with a rubber tip blow gun enough to release brakes and fifth wheel lock. Its also important to note if there is to much pressure on lock it usually helps to keep pressure going in reverse while unlocking. I know this may be hard to do without it running. You may also be able to remove air cylinder or use big pry bar to release if you can get to the lever under/on side of fifth wheel. Any questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist. spanky

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the excellent rating and bonus Andrew! Very Much appreciated......and please come back again next time you have a problem. You can always ask for me by name if you like.
Take care
spanky