DR.Cummins
DR.Cummins, FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  16 Years working on Cummins Diesel engines,
28984014

I have a Shibaura 2200D tractor that has had a complete

Customer Question

I have a Shibaura 2200D tractor that has had a complete engine rebuild. It ran well for a while but with a knocking noise. Lately, however, it is making a violent banging or knocking noise at all rpm (mostly at tickover). No blue, white or black smoke. I have fit new injectors and filters. I have tried a thicker head gasket- 2mm, but this horrible noise continues. The other day while testing the engine this noise suddenly stopped and the engine sounded like new. I ran it with a grass cutter for an hour, everything perfect. When I started it the next day the violent banging was back.

When i previously removed the cylinder head the gasket appeared to be burned because i had to scrape of remnants off both surfaces(block and cylinder head)

What do you think?

Regards,

john xxxxxxxx

Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello John,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Shantal,

No, I have not found an answer.

If you close the question do i need to pay?

john

Hello John,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Shantal.

Please close the question and reverse the charges.

john xxxxxx