spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  Journeyman with 30 years Experience Gas Diesel LPsmall to large engine repair
65057319

Palfinger crane remote pk24500c is not picking up signal what

Customer Question

Palfinger crane remote pk24500c is not picking up signal what could be the problem?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** having trouble today.I will do my best to assist you in resolving your issue.
What signal you talking about,, engine speed,machine speed,ect?
If this involves engine could you please post engine model and serial numbers?
Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My crane remote is on my crane is on but the remote still is not moving crane
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Is this a wireless remote or a cabled remote?
If wired how many wires?
Is there a name or any numbers on remote so I can see which type you have?
Let me know
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
If its a cabled remote, the first thing you need to do is ohm out cable,, one wire at a time,,a very common issue is wires breaking internally so even though it's powering up all it takes is one wire to be broken or damaged for controller not to work.You should have less than 2 ohms resistance per wire.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly. Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.Thank You,spanky
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is wireless and it is a palfinger 24500c remote
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for info,, give me a few to find manual
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
I can't find a manual online right now,,,I will need to get a hold of dealer tomorrow.For now,, I would check the wiring and antenna for the radio transmitter under control panel on crane,,its possible you may have a loose connection or antenna broke from vibration over time.I would also check the battery voltage in remote control,,before and during function testing,,checking voltage while operating a function would show a low voltage issue ,if voltage is low it may not be enough to send/receive signals.If you find anything let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do thanks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up to see if we resolved the issue, what it was ,or if you need more info.I would appreciate a reply so I know you are happy with my assistance.Thanksspanky