Dan
Dan, Journeyman
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My 00 Kobelco 120 with 9000hrs. is slow and it isnt the filter,

Customer Question

My 00 Kobelco 120 with 9000hrs. is slow and it isnt the filter, the slew speeds up when i pressure the boom, what might be the problem?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Cut open the old in tank return filter with a non abrasive cutting tool such as tin snips and inspect a sample for signs of fine metal indicating a potential pump problem, If clean then the next step is to pull your relief valves from the main control valve and inspect for damaged o rings and debris causing them to stick open. Your functions are split between two pumps piggy backed and if one pump has an issue or is not signaling to full stroke it will give these symptoms as well as a relief valve problem. Check the pump signal pressure on each pump to confirm the pumps are signalling for full stroke. Let me know