DR.Cummins
DR.Cummins, FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  16 Years working on Cummins Diesel engines,
28984014

I have a terex Sky 873 loader, when you push the joy stick

Customer Question

I have a terex Sky 873 loader, when you push the joy stick to lower the bucket/boom and turn of the engine at the same time, the boom continues to drop which I presume means check valves are not working properly. Also switch that locks of boom hydraulics doesn't lock them of. There's power to the switch and and also switch works. Are the problems linked as I suspect and what is the problem if so .
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** is your serial number and also what is the problem or symptoms with the machine when operating normally? You dont shut the machine down while working the controls in normal operation and some machines will continue to allow the function to drop when you do that depending on the circuit if electric over hydraulic or full pilot controls etc. Let me know