Dan
Dan, Journeyman
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a verneer woodchipper, after it works .1 hour

Customer Question

I have a verneer woodchipper, after it works for approx.1 hour the rollers for feeding the timber in stop. Just wondering what the cause is. When the woodchipper cools down it goes again, thanks
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't heard anything and I still have the problem
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eddie, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. First check inside the hydraulic filter for signs of metal /debris indicating a pump or drive motor failure occurring. If okay, check the relief valve cartridge on that circuit on the control valve for debris causing it to stick open or for worn/damaged o rings. If that checks out okay you will want to tee in with a pressure gauge to verify if you are seeing a drop in pressure when this happens. If that is the case it points to a faulty pump or relief valve in that circuit. Let me know
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Let me know