Dan
Dan, Journeyman
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Kubota KX36 - 2 Mini Digger everything seems to

Customer Question

I have a Kubota KX36 - 2 Mini Digger everything seems to work ok but It won't slew. is there a trip of something that locks it or is there a fault with the slew motor mechanism ?? The machine has been standing for over 12 months since it was last used .
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am prepared to wait , thank you for getting back to me.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check that the swing lock switch is not engaged in the cab. If okay then check the filter for signs of metal indicating a potential swing motor or component problem occurring. Check the relief valves in the control valve for the swing circuit for damaged o rings or debris causing them to stick. To help with identifying your components click the link below to access the parts manual.

Online parts

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello ... The Swing Lock Switch ? Is that the 'right foot' operated pedal that sort of pivots from side to side ? or am I missing something? When I flick this to the left it sounds as if it is trying to do something but sort of 'stalling' .....
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anton. Some of the minis are a bit different but the swing lock switch if yours is equipped will be an electrical switch on the monitor or console. The symptoms you are describing sound like a possible swing motor or gearbox issue. Check the hydraulic filter for signs of fine metal indicating a hydraulic component failure occurring such as a swing motor. also inspect the control valve for that circuit and the relief valves doe damaged o rings or sticking open from debris etc.