Dan
Dan, Journeyman
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have a b30d 2002 it low hours just had a new gearbox .

Customer Question

We have a bell b30d 2002 it low hours just had a new gearbox . But it keeps dropping out of gear and hunting ( like it is in limp mode . If you then put the hand break on then off again it will drive perfect through the gears .its very intermittent any ideas we have checked most things but can't find faul
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi James my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What are you getting for fault codes? Also check the transmission oil filter and strainer for signs of metal/debris indicating an internal problem or failure occurring. If the harness checks out okay and you have good power and ground the problem can be afaulty transmission controller. Try having yours reflash/reprogrammed to the most current updates to reset the controller to factory settings and see if the problem still exists. Let me know