fixer2013
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
74591549

I want to form a flat roof with timber joists and a glue lam

Customer Question

I want to form a flat roof with timber joists and a glue lam beam or an RSJ supporting the center. The span for the beam is 5.200m the span of the joists one side is 3.800m the other it is 4.100m. I want to set the joists at 400 centers and will need a 900x900 roof light set in each side. Can you tell me the size of the beam or RSJ I require?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 4 years ago.

fixer2013 :

fixer2013 :

Iam sorry you have been waiting for a reply. I am not able to give a defininitive answer. I would suggest you contact your local planning office for guidance as I believe Building Controls would have to be put in place especially for a house extension.. You didnt say if this is for a house extension, garage or other.

fixer2013 :

I hope this helps,

fixer2013 :

regards