fixer2013
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
74591549

I am buying a house which has undergone some mods.These mods

Customer Question

I am buying a house which has undergone some mods.These mods have involved the removal of 2 downstairs walls and the work has been completed over 1yr ago. The mods were carried out without Building Control. What can be done to ensure mods are to an acceptable standard and safe?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 4 years ago.

fixer2013 :

Goodmorning I see you have been waiting for an answer. I am sorry for that.

fixer2013 :

If there is no building control paperwork. I would get in touch with the local Planning Office. Explain your situation and concerns. I expect they would send a surveyor in order to make sure there are RSJ's or other supports correctly in place to stabilise the upper walls. If not the other party would I believe be liable and have to arrange for that work to be remedied. I cannot confirm that but the Local Planning Officer would be able to.

fixer2013 :

I hope you get some answers to your concerns

fixer2013 :