theplumber717
theplumber717, Plumber
Experience:  Lic plumbing and heating contractor, 28 years exp
63005973

how can I turn my ariston boiler off at night. we work in a

Customer Question

how can I turn my ariston boiler off at night. we work in a restaurant and obviously need it on during the day but the electricity is hugely expensive
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  theplumber717 replied 4 years ago.
You can turn it off at the breaker/fuse box, this will just kill the power to unit, in morning, flip breaker back on. (you may also have a light switch/ kill switch on side of unit, this will do the same thing) And turning the thermostat off will also kill power to unit until its needed next day.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks, I was told that that would damage the boiler?

how long will it take to heat back-up in the morning?

that will not damage the boiler, it will only stop it from running when you do not want it to, as soon as power is restored it will fire up as usual, if the thermostat is calling for it. (so instantly)