AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

I am changing an old TI 16 overload relay for a TI 16C as the

Customer Question

I am changing an old TI 16 overload relay for a TI 16C as the TI 16 is no longer available.

As the TI 16C has an extra terminal how do I wire this to match the TI 16 please? It is being triggered by a pressure switch to control a water pump.

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 4 years ago.
Welcome. My name is Tommy and would be glad to assist.

On the extra terminal, are you referencing the ones on the bottom of the overload?
95.96 and 97?

Or do you have extra side contacts?

T!-16C has many options, so wish to be sure I understand where the "extra" terminal is located.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tommy

Yes it is the ones on the bottom, there are 95, 96, 97 and 98 on the new unit, but only 95, 96 and 98 on the old one and seemed to have a single solenoid inside whereas the new one appears to have 2.

Ok, thanks.

Those contacts are the ones that open when the overload detects a high amperage so they can turn the starter off until you reset the overload.

Normally only 2 terminals are used in any case, one set is NO and the other is NC.

NC is the standard for opening the starter.

If you only have 2 wires to connect, they would connect to the same numbers as the old one as the number system remains

My documentaion show that as 95 and 96.

If you have something different than what I posted, then just reply and give me the differences.