fixer2013
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
74591549

We need to know what size steal for a two storey rear extension

Customer Question

We need to know what size steal for a two storey rear extension which is 80 meters floor area with a tiled roof
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 4 years ago.

fixer2013 :
fixer2013 says:
7:09 PM

7:10 PM

I amafraid this is a bit of a tricky one to answer from little information.

7:17 PM

as the local Planning Building Control would be involved from the planning stage. They would want to see plans for the extension, prepared by a builder or Architect. showing walls, proposed openings (size of the opening) loads above the opening , if there is a an upper storey to the building. All this is in the calculation for the beam (RSJ) . The Local Council Planning Office should have information with regards to this.

7:18 PM

There are companies who would do this for you for as little as £45.00 plus vat.

7:18 PM

It could be worth that money being spent.

7:18 PM

I hope this helps you.

7:19 PM