fixer2013
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
74591549

I have a 2 zone fire alarm system to repair. The problem is

Customer Question

I have a 2 zone fire alarm system to repair. The problem is when system is set after a couple of hours system will go into alarm mode obviously disturbing tenants in building. Have replaced the alarm panel and fault still occurs.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.

Hello My name is Ivor I hope that I can give you a couple of things to try .

As you have changed the Alarm panel, I would suggest you re-look at the detector heads. If there are batteries in them these are used as a back up and may be low in power..The other thing to check is if there is any dirt or dust in the heads or the contacts are dirty, check the head connections. If these are ok another is to check the earth continuity as there may be a loose connection.

I hope that you can solve the problem with my suggestions.

Ivor