Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

Taken down

Customer Question

Taken down fluorescent light fitting and replaced with pendent , add two more pendants using existing circuit can get light too all 3 but only original turns off
There are four cables coming into original position in ceiling

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

If you are trying to wire more than one light to a single two-way switch, you can do that by wiring them in parallel. Basically, you will go from the mains to the switch terminals with black only (and ground to the ground post). Then also come out of the switch with black, wire black to the first, second, and third lights. Bypass the switch entirely with the white wire and also wire that to white on each of the lights. That should allow you to turn them all off and on at the same time. I will provide an illustration below as well. Let me know if you have any questions.

graphic

Mike
SQ10