Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds Qualified plumber
46681511

i have a 4 wired honeywell t6360 thermostat, and want to replace

Customer Question

i have a 4 wired honeywell t6360 thermostat, and want to replace it with a honeywell cm907, what wires do i use in the 907.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, I am happy to wait a little longer.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.
Do you want to run me through the wires you have in the original and their connections.
I am guessing red, blue, yellow, green and yellow?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

from left to right, the Honeywell t6360 is wired as follows

1= earth

2= neutral (blue)

3= 2 x black wires which look as if they come from the 4073 hot water/

heating valve.

4= empty

5 = live (brown) which looks as if it comes from a timer control panel

The Honeywell cm907 has 3 possible wiring connections

one says neutral, one says live the third is blocked but looks as if it is designed to have a link to the live connection. The cm907 is battery powered and apparently doesn't need an electrical supply.

Normally, if it is battery powered then all it does is link a couple of connections together.
If this is the case then there is no need for the neutral or earth if there is no connection.
A - in
B - out