fixer2013
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
74591549

have fitted a 9.5 creda shower hve used a 10 mm twin and earth

Customer Question

have fitted a 9.5 creda shower hve used a 10 mm twin and earth cable and 40 amp mcb
cable fitted toconsumer unit which has a 80 A rcd. when power is switched on light
comes on isolating box but when hot water is switched on shower the rcd trips out on
consumer unit. help
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 4 years ago.

fixer2013 :

Hello my name is Ivor.

fixer2013 :

I hope I can point you in the right direction.

fixer2013 :

Firstly take the cover off the shower and check that the neutral (blue) wire hasnt burnt or shorted. This is a problem with some showers make sure the connections are tight . Another fault maybe that the rcd is too sensitive . Try changing this and see what happens then. as it is a new shower I would not think it could be the heating element element or thermostat.

fixer2013 :

Please come back and let me know what you find

fixer2013 :

fixer2013 :

Ivor