Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

Hello I have changed my wilo 60v gold pump on Ariston 27 genus

Customer Question

I have changed my wilo 60v gold pump on Ariston 27 genus mmfi combi for grundfos 996613.
Now keeps blowing 2amp fuses on circuit board control. Noticed that arrow on info plate is anti clockwise were as wilo pump was clockwise. Merchant says that's o.k so struggling to find an answer. Impeller is free. The lead to power pump does have to burnt terminals but this was not due to old pump, thinking of hard wiring from control to pump. Light seems to be on for switch re water supply level low but pressure ok not sure if it is actually indicating a flue problem. When initially fitted new pump ran o.k for approx 12hr for domestic hot water, didn't have heating on then blew 2amp fuses. Any other ideas please would be welcome.
Thanks John
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi John how are you?

This is either one of two things here.

1) Please make sure all wire connections are very secure including a good solid ground.

2) The motor has a bad winding that is causing the pump to draw excessive current so over time it will over heat the fuse and cause it to blow.

If this is the case, you need to exchange the pump as it is faulty.

Also make sure the pumps impeller isn't jamming, Make sure you can turn it freely by hand. That's about all there is to this, the direction doesn't matter:-)

I will stick with you but Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question wont close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Micheal

Problem found to be short on lead head to pump. Cut off plug and hard wired. Problem with pressure build up to expansion tank. Think valve needs changing must be passing.

Many thanks john.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi John, your very welcome.

Please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page.

Thank you so much;-)

Tech Michael