Kat-cssm
Kat-cssm,
39222511

I have a solid fuel aga and had it swept a week ago. Since

Customer Question

I have a solid fuel aga and had it swept a week ago. Since then smoke has been pouring out of the black grill where I pull the slide out - the sweep did knock the cowl off, it fell off about an hour after he left! But it doesn't matter if I use wood or smokeless fuel, if I riddle it and put a layer of coal on it smoke comes out of the door when I put the layer on so I shut the door quickly but then it smokes the kitchen out thru the black vent - the log fire in the lounge seems away. The sweep asked about new flues and I told him they'd been replaced about three years ago. What has set this off? I've had it 20 + years and it was here in the cottage when I moved in ........ Please help joanie XXXXXXXXXXX

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for trusting your technical issue with Just Answer Pearl!
Hi Joanie,
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
I have some questions for you in order to assist you the best way possible.
Thank you for your patience as these are technical issues:-)
This is a clear indication of a blockage in the flu or air gates somewhere.
As long as air can get in from the gates, and air can vent from the flu you wouldn't have this happen.
I would have the tech come back at no additional cost to you so he can check this.
I will stick with you on this until it is fixed but Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael

Expert:  Kat-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/home-improvement/84z5q-solid-fuel-aga-swept-week-ago.html.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Customer Support Team.