fixer2013
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
74591549

Hi i want to take a gound floor out wall to make a living room

Customer Question

Hi i want to take a gound floor out wall to make a living room into one
It was 2 rooms before
It is load bearing to a wall above no joist are on it
Span is 3.700
Is a 9 + 4 inch steel box lintel with 2 padstones either side allright to building regs
Thanks roy
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.

Hello Roy,

I am sorry it has taken a while to get to you.

I must advise you, that you must go through the local Council Planning Office with this. I am afraid that they will need detailed drawings showing load bearing measurments drawn up by a professional. It isnt something that an amature should get involved in. ( sorry I do not mean to demasen you) Also with professional advice they would have Personal Indemnity Insurance. If you are using a builder He should get this for you. before any work takes place.

I hope that this helps you

Kind Regards