BuilderNorb
BuilderNorb, Architect
Experience:  20+ Years all aspects of construction.
70426509

power button will not stay on

Customer Question

power button will not stay on
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Do you have the make and model of the appliance?

JACUSTOMER-yw3nih62- :

mira go 10.8

XXXXX XXXXX :

OK, I will see if there is a shower specialist on for you

Expert:  BuilderNorb replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I would like to help with your problem. First, is this a newly installed unit? Or if it is not, how long has it been since purchase/installation? These devices should have an on/off pushbutton. These pushbuttons make contact under the cover with the ACTUAL switch that turns the unit on and off. Also, there should be a double pole switch nearby to turn the line power to your device "on". If you are a new user, did you turn this switch on first? Is there a light illuminated around the on/off button?

Any maintenance must be carried out by a qualified tradesperson, following the instructions provided. Before replacing any parts, make sure that the underlying cause of the malfunction has been resolved. Warning! There are are no user-serviceable components beneath the cover of the appliance. Only a competent tradesperson should remove the cover. There are exposed contacts that can and do kill folks that should not be trying to fix this product by themselves. Any maintenance to this unit should commence with the line power disconnected at the source. If you are indeed capable, I would check to make sure that, with cover removed, the underside of pushbutton was making contact with the on/off switch and that the electrical switching component was working properly. Other than this, I'm afraid it's time to call the spares location nearest you for replacement components.