fixer2013
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
74591549

we have a conservatory already built, i actually did the footing

Customer Question

we have a conservatory already built, i actually did the footing which are dug down to solid clay and held in total 5metres of concrete, which i know was well over the top. we would like to build up some of the walls and have a tiled roof.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.

fixer2013 :

Hello, I am sorry it has taken a while to get to you.

Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.
Hello I am sorry it has taken a while to get to your question. Firstly as you already have a conservatory there should be no planning issues.

Your footings are well substantial for putting up walls and put a tiled roof on. The recommended dimensions for footings are 450mm wide and minimum 150mm deep . As you are on clay there should be non problem as far as I can see.

I hope that helps you

Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.
Hello again

I Hope my answer assisted you.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. If you have questions in the future Just post them and we will endeavour to help/
Fixer 2013