Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

My sockets, cooker and oven are not working in my kitchen.

Customer Question

My sockets, cooker and oven are not working in my kitchen. What are my options?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi this is definetley a house wiring issue.
If tripping the breaker in your main panel doesn't work, there is either a bad breaker in the main panel, or a loose wire.
This could be either on the breaker itself, or it could be in the wall at one of the outlets(sockets).
If you want to do this your self, you will need a multi meter, and some time to work with me.
Or you could call a handyman to fix this for you.
It usually isn't very expensive to fix or find.
Please let me know what you would like to do.
I will stick with you until we have this fixed but Since this may take some time, if you will rate me in a positive fashion before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is a multimeter?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Chetan,
In this case due to the danger of electrocution, you would be better off having a tech do this for you. I dont want you to get into an issue if you really dont know electrical work:-)
If you let me know where you live, state and town etc, i can help you find a good tech to come out and fix this for you. It may be only a bad breaker, or a bad socket that is causing the whole are to not work.
Please let me know so I can assist you with this further.
Tech Mike