fixer2013
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
74591549

Hi I have just painted my varnished wooden ceiling ,sanded

Customer Question

Hi I have just painted my varnished wooden ceiling ,sanded under coated top coat etc and when it has all dried leaves wood colour blotchy marks all over any ideas.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.
Hello I am sorry it has taken a while to get to you.

Im sorry to read that your work hasn't got the results you expected.

If the paint is now dried thoroughly. I would now use a good primer undercoat. I use Zinsser 123. I find this is a good covering. Then use an oil based eggshell which is also a good cover. when this has dried you can then choose what final finish you want but two coats of the eggshell gives a good finish.

I hope that sorts out the problem for you.