Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds Qualified plumber
46681511

We have a Vaillant ecotec plus 837 combi boiler 37kw installed

Customer Question

We have a Vaillant ecotec plus 837 combi boiler 37kw installed in February 2008. It seems to work fine, no funny noises or discernible problems and no complaints except that over the last 12 to 18 months we occasionally find that it has leaked rusty looking water from somewhere underneath it. Is this something to which we can attend by adjusting the various bits we are allowed to or is it and engineer job? Now, we are pensioners and quite happy to call someone in to look at it but to avoid the possibility of the runaround and avoidable expense we would first like to have an idea of the problem - forewarned being forearmed. Perhaps here I should admit that we haven't yet got around to having it serviced?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

Andrew Smith :

If you take off the front cover you will not be breaking any seals, you may find that there is a nut that is dripping that just needs a quick tighten.

Andrew Smith :

You may want to get someone to service it that can look at this at the same time.

JACUSTOMER-wfjn02co- :

Thank you, I will ask Himself to have a look and get back to you - maybe not today as he is not very well.

Andrew Smith :

That's fine - just come back if you need me