Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds Qualified plumber
46681511

Halstead Boiler -Hero 40 Problem - having to top up water every

Halstead Boiler -Hero 40 Problem - having to top up water every 2 or 3 days to maintain pressure
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Can you tell me if you have water dripping outside from the 15mm copper discharge?

XXXXX XXXXX :

It will happen most when you refill the system and heat from cold

XXXXX XXXXX :

If you are unsure then place a sandwich bag over the pipe and tape it on to see if it catches any water

Customer:

There is no sign of water dripping outside and no sign of water leaking anywhere in the heating system

Customer:

any thoughts as to the cause of the problem

Customer:

So far you haven't given an answer and as yet it has not been helpful

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
He did not answer the question with any suggestions at all
It may not be dripping now, but if you put a bag over it we can rule if out for sure.
If it is not that then try turning off the flow and return under the boiler over night and leave the boiler off, then in the morning see if the pressure has dropped - if not then it is on the system somewhere.
If you then turn the valves back on under the boiler and it suddenly drops it will confirm that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your suggestion ,that was helpfully.With the stop taps turned off the pressure still dropped.any further thoughts
Ok, that is on your system then.
Check all your radiator air vents for crusty bits.
Check all your rad valves for small weeps around the nuts, connection to the rads and especially around the spindle under the cap.
Try these tests when everything is cold as things tend to expand when heated and seal the leaks.
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience: City and Guilds Qualified plumber