Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs in home repair/building - 10 yr in live theatre set design/building
3714457

I have purchased a Westinghouse ceiling fan/light 71254 and

Customer Question

I have purchased a Westinghouse ceiling fan/light 71254 and a 300mm drop rod 78882.
Are these two items compatible, as the electrician who is to install the items does not believe this to be so?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer. The numbers you listed for your ceiling fan I can not find. However, your drop rod does come up as a Westinghouse number. In reviewing some other ceiling fans close to the number you listed, they are all compatible. It has been my experience that ceiling fans and drop rods from the same company will work with one another. I wish you the best. Gary