Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs in home repair/building - 10 yr in live theatre set design/building
3714457

howto remove the RAC shroud [411 46] from the RAC elbow mount

Customer Question

from installation bookhowto remove the RAC shroud [411 46] from the RAC elbow mount [that attaches to hose] of a 2006 fitted Mira Response biv shower ... as i am replacing hose .Need to improve elbow/new hose joint to make leakfree, I hope.I can screw on hose ,but still have leaking at the hose.It's a good metal Croydex hose .

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer. If I read your question correctly, it sounds like the hose is leaking on the threaded end. If you cannot get plumber's tape on it, try plumbers putty. It also comes in a liquid form with brush. Apply it around the threads as directed and attached your hose. If you can make sure all former tape is removed prior to you using the liquid putty. Once the the hose is connected, you'll need to make sure it's tight. You can try and use a pair of pliers or other type of tool that can reach the connection and allow you to put pressure on it as you turn. It won't take much mind you but it'll give more than what you can do by hand. I wish you the best. Gary

Customer:

thanks gary ;i will go at that as you say .Gently all right,as the elbow is plastic & the hose is metal .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yeah ... good service

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i gave you a rating ''good service .thanks Gary

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes.rated you in Feb.. good service .replied to your previous 2oth email already

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i gave a rating ... why the continued queries ??

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Well you got me on this one. I believe this is a glitch in the system. I was ignoring it since it showed me that you had rated my service and I do thank you for that. For some reason it's not seeing it or that you may have not finished the process. Either way I am sorry about this, but you may want to bring it up to the monitor of this site since I have nothing to do with it. Outside of that, let it go.

Again thank you for stopping by this site, and if something else happens and you need help please ask.

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks again , Gary