Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

To whom it may concern, I have a query regarding building

To whom it may concern,

I have a query regarding building regulations. I am a homeowner of a twin town house with a kitchen extension at the back, built into the garden. I would like to build a wooden decked summer terrace on top of this extension, with stairs leading down to the garden (the terrace is adjacent to the living room on the first floor).
Would this be possible, and do I require building regulation permits of any kind? If so, when and where should I seek such documents? What conditions do I have to meet in building such a terrace and what building regulations are in place governing this type of structure?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi and good morning, do you have a local town hall?
To do this right, you should obtain a building permit, but its ease and cheap;-)
For what you want to do its really no big deal, I will help you with this.
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael