Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs in home repair/building - 10 yr in live theatre set design/building
3714457

I am looking to install the following light switch in my house: http://www.eth2u.com/pr

Customer Question

I am looking to install the following light switch in my house:

http://www.eth2u.com/product-info.asp?id=268

My current liht switch has 1 brown wire connected to live and 2 brown wires connected to neutral. There are 3 blue wires terminated with a connector and are not used.

As in the diagram there is a L in L out N in AND N out, can you tell me how to install the switch please? i.e. if i connect brown live to L in, brown switch to Liver out and the remaining brown to neutral in would this work? Would I have to connect N in to N out?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer. Per your question your answer is yes, you need to connect the wires as seen in the diagram of your replacement switch. stands for "line" or in normal terms this would be your "hot" wire. This is the wire coming from your power supply before the unit in which it controls. This "hot" wire would go to "L - IN" The other wire in which should be the same as the "hot' wire would go into "L-OUT". This type of switch works with all wires so you will need to hook-up the neutral wires as well into it. This is the "N" side. "N - IN" will be coming from the same wiring group as your "hot' wire. "N-OUT" will be from the wiring group going to the unit in this case would be your light fixture. If there is anything else I can do, feel free to ask. I wish you the best Gary