canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

The holder for my shower head has snapped and I need to get

The holder for my shower head has snapped and I need to get it off the chrome pole. How do I get the pole out without removing it from the wall. I can turn the pole but it wont go either up or down. Something is anchoring it at both the top and bottom?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Could you provide a picture or a model number?

Customer:

No model number. The chrome pole is unable to be removed from the upper and lower brackets. Something is holding it inside the pole Is it a screw? or a stretch fixture? it needs to be removed so the pole can come out of the wall brackets.

canuck the pro :

If you can send a picture I think I can tell you how it removes.

Customer:

Sorry, no picture available

canuck the pro :

Is this like a slide bar?

canuck the pro :

Full Size Image
like this?

Customer:

It's the vertical bar onto which the other things like soap dish shower head bracket.

canuck the pro :

If you look where the base piece attaches to the wall do you see a little cover button that comes off? Under that there should be some sort of set screw that holds it to the wall.

Customer:

The bar itself is straight, no bends it goes straight into the two brackets from the wall which are screwed through the tiles. Your pic. has curves on it

canuck the pro :

There still should be a little cover that hides the screw that sets it to the wall. Likely on the bottom as it bends into the wall.

Customer:

Just looked at the thing. Inside the base of the pole is a plastic fitting which looks like it's the anchor If I put a screwdriver into that will it break and job finished to be professionally refitted or will the plug come out without breaking?

canuck the pro :

You should be able to remove it with your finger nail or a knife. Just get it under the edge and it will pull off. Put your foot over drain so it does not go down the drain.

Customer:

Will do. I'll get started. Thanks just now

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome. Once you can remove the screw the bar will come off the wall and you can get another cradle mount.

Customer:

This bar doesn't touch the wall. It's straight and into the two wall brackets which project from the wall

canuck the pro :

Were you able to expose the screw by removing the little cap?

Customer:

Don't know yet but thanks anyway.

Customer:

Good night

canuck the pro :

Good night. I will be here whenever you need. You can still ask questions even after rating my service. I will always respond. Mike

canuck the pro :

My computer is shutting down battery dead will be a minute while I find charger.

canuck the pro :

Computer back on.

canuck the pro :

How did it go? Do you have additional questions I can help with?

canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience: Handyman