KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on Appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

when I use my washing machine it works alright,but when I start

Customer Question

when I use my washing machine it works alright,but when I start my dryer it trips mcb.Then I turn on mcb it start working alright.What I can do to solve this problim in my house?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me complete model number of the Dryer

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Please let me know after how many seconds/minutes it trips MCB ?

JACUSTOMER-cnesabzd- : It is hot point and about 10-12 years old.It trips with start of dryer.
KevinWhiteJA :

The problem is with either the thermostat located on the blower wheel housing inside the rear panel to the exhaust duct. You can test it for continuity before replacing....if the thermostat tests fine check for any loose wires...

JACUSTOMER-cnesabzd- : Wdl520 Aquarius.trips when starts
KevinWhiteJA :

OK thanks...as said with the unit unplugged check the thermostat first...if it tests fine then check the motor...I believe the thermostat is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks