canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226
Home Improvement

I have installed a mira advance atl thermostatic shower, Im

I have installed a mira... Show More
I have installed a mira advance atl thermostatic shower, I'm unable up get it working as when I turn on the water supply water continues to run out, even with the power off and cover removed
I have put cover on and powered up but it runs for a bit then reset water supply illuminates, water still continues to come out even when peer is turned off
Any ideas please !!
Category: Home Improvement
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. There is likely debris stuck in the filter. Have you removed the filter and checked for debris?

canuck the pro :

Is there any error message?

Customer: Mike I don't know where the filter is can't see it I'm the booklet, I find it unusual that the water continues to come out regardless of whether the shower is on or off with or without power, all lights are illuminated after the power has been on for about a minute none are flashing but it beeps every couple of seconds
canuck the pro :

There should be a filter on the incoming water. If you disconnect the incoming water do you see anything there?

Customer: I have gone out for a bit, will look later I'm still very puzzled that this would cause the water to flow continuously, every shower I have ever fitted once connected, you could turn the supply on and nothing came out, are these different to any other shower??
canuck the pro :

The filter and flow sensor are all there. Debris sticking in the filter and keeping the flow sensor closed.

canuck the pro :

I doubt a new shower would have a faulty solenoid but possible. The first thing I would have said is the solenoid but it is new.

canuck the pro :

If you turn the power off for 5 minutes and turn it back on does it fix it then?

Customer: Gonna have to leave it till next weekend now mike, as working away, i will try what you have said and see what happens, watch this space, probably message you next week
canuck the pro :

That is fine. I imagine it is not going to be a huge issue considering the newness. Chat with you then.

Customer:

Hi Mike,

Customer:

Have disconnected supply and checked filter all clean as I thought it might be, have seen replacement flow valve with solenoid attached online for £45, would it be worth switching that before anything else, unfortunately the unit has been a spare sitting in my garage for some time and out of warranty, spoke to mira and they wanted £159 to send an engineer out!

Customer:

cant believe it could be anything else.

Customer:

When I first install any shower and turn on supply water never comes out, all this happened before I even switched on the power. The shower is over £300 to replace so gotta be worth a try do u think? Thanks Graham.

canuck the pro :

Yes it certainly does sound worth repairing. Does the kit include the the solenoid also? I would thing that would be the most likely part at fault. Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't get the email that I usually get when there is a response. I just happened to check in and was going to ask if there was any progress.

Customer:

Hi Mike

Customer:

Thanks for reply, have a contact who can get his hands on spares so hopefully will be up and running by the weekend. Thanks for all your help. Graham.

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome.

canuck the pro :

Have you had any trouble leaving me a positive rating? We have had trouble with the site for a couple days now. It should be working soon but I can also have it processed manually.