Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

We have a Mira Elite 2 shower which has stopped working. I

We have a Mira Elite 2 shower which has stopped working. I would think that the pump has worn out. The original pump was replaced in June 1998 by a firm in Newton Abbot, who do not seem to be still functioning. Can you tell me if there is a firm who can help me in this matter. WE live near Minehead in Somerset.

Frank Scragg
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Michael :

Hi Frank, do you get any water?

Michael :

I will switch us to Q & A it works much better and more private as well.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Frank, do you get any water at all?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we did not have water this morning and the 'low flow' light came on and the water heated up too much. I have just turned the shower on again and the water is coming through okay but the pump sounds laboured and I would not like to use it.

I have now turned it off and then re-started it and there is very little water and no pump sound at all.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, its best not to use it that way, yes you have a faulty pump so yes you are correct.
that will cause this problem.
I can help you get a replacement and do the repair if you would like?
Please let me know.
And since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Will you give me some idea of the cost. Where would you have to come from to do the job, and how would I be charged for your call out and travelling? Would I be better off contacting a local plumber?

Frank

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Frank I'm in the US so I couldn't do that, I wish I could!
But if you tell me your town and state or area in the UK I can set up a good tech for you.
And Like I said, if you rate good I can stick with you until this is fixed.
Tech Michael